This program has been reported to be unavailable on a regular basis.
This implies that we are unable to provide universally applicable download links, relevant version information.
Visual C++ provides a powerful and flexible development environment for creating Microsoft Windows' based and Microsoft .NET based applications. You can use it in an integrated development system, or you can use individual tools.
- The Visual C++ 2010 compiler tools.
The compiler supports traditional native code developers and developers who target virtual machine platforms such as the common language runtime (CLR). Visual C++ 2010 includes compilers to target x64 and Itanium. The compiler continues to support targeting x86 computers directly, and optimizes performance for both platforms.
- The Visual C++ Libraries. These include the industry-standard Active Template Library (ATL), the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) libraries, and standard libraries such as the Standard C++ Library, consisting of the iostreams library and the Standard Template Library (STL), and the C Runtime Library (CRT). The CRT includes security-enhanced alternatives to functions that are known to pose security issues. The STL/CLR library brings STL to managed developers. A library, the C++ Support Library, with new features for data marshaling, is designed to simplify programs that target the CLR.
- The Visual C++ Development Environment. The development environment provides powerful support for project management and configuration (including better support for large projects), source code editing, source code browsing, and debugging tools. This environment also supports IntelliSense, which makes informed, context-sensitive suggestions as code is being authored.
In addition to conventional graphical user-interface applications, Visual C++ enables developers to build Web applications, smart-client Windows-based applications, and solutions for thin-client and smart-client mobile devices. C++ is the world's most popular systems-level language, and Visual C++ gives developers a world-class tool with which to build software.
- Windows XP (x86) with Service Pack 3 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows Vista (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows 7 (x86 & x64)
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86 & x64)
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64).
Visual C++ - very useful, powerful and smart tool that allows you to create Microsoft .NET-based applications.